It's pretty clear that, when you scan the headlines, that hackers have the edge over enterprise security. It is a sobering thought, and the data backs it up - even with all of the massive breaches to hit the news over the last several years, attacks continue to grow in frequency, size, and complexity.
But it doesn't have to be that way. By taking an approach that's proactive and analytics-based, enterprises can take that edge back, and keep themselves out of the headlines, by reacting to events as they happen and mitigating security risks before they're exploited.
The Right Technology
Today's attacks are more sophisticated than anything that came before, and that sophistication is continuing to grow. If your enterprise is going to prevent and respond to these attacks, you need the right information and analytics now, as events occur. The right tools will provide you with the information you need to recognize threats and make intelligent decisions quickly.
The Security Analytics platform from RSA does just that. Security Analytics collects data from multiple sources and collection points within your network, so that you not only get detail from logs that are collected and analyzed, you also see information from various endpoints and collection stations that read your network traffic as it's coming into and leaving your network, providing you a real-time view of what's happening in your network. More than a Security Incident and Event Manager, more than an Intrusion Detection/Intrusion Prevention System, the Security Analytics platform provides meaningful data and a faster response time that any other platform on the market.
The Right Partner
But for many enterprises, the cost to implement a system like Security Analytics is cost-prohibitive. And many other organizations, trying to keep up with basic security on a restricted budget, simply lack the resources on their staff to configure and maintain such a complex system.
That's where NCA comes in - NCA has partnered with RSA to provide Security Analytics as a service, and provide that level of analytics and information without the large capital outlay and staff allocation. NCA provides the technology and expertise to your enterprise, helping you to assess your environment's security posture, identify potential weaknesses, and prioritize any identified weaknesses against your regulatory requirements and your overall enterprise security.
NCA has already made the investment in the technology and expertise to get a Security Analytics platform up and running quickly within your environment, by following the general approach:
- Discovery - Our team will work with you and your staff to understand how your environment is designed, and how best to include the Security Analytics platform within your environment.
- Implementation - We install the platform into your environment, so that you resources aren't forced to figure it out alone.
- Initial Baseline - We run a series of tests to confirm a baseline for your environment, to ensure we're collecting data from the right sources, and have the right levels of access and integration.
- Data collection - NCA monitors the platform while data runs, performing all required management tasks.
- Reporting and Analysis - We present data to you and your management team that provides detailed, actionable analysis on the state of your enterprise security, with prioritized recommendations for security issues and remediation.
With NCA, gaining access to the right information is assured, because we have taken the time to find the right tools and expertise to bring to bear for your enterprise. If this sounds like something that's worth investigating, contact us today for more information.