Department: Professional Services
* When applying please include your resumé and cover letter.
Summary Job Description:
This is a senior-level position responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, integrity and privacy of customer as well as internal NCA systems, applications and data. As a Senior Security Consultant you will be part of the NCA Professional Services team providing solutions to our customers including pre-sales, technical support, security assessments to customers, as well as technical implementation, analysis and troubleshooting of security-related technologies.
This position will work closely with the client and NCA team to obtain requirements for the design, development, integration, and implementation of cutting edge collaboration solutions. The Senior Security Consultant is responsible for problem identification, system architecture definition, hardware/software specification and/or design, implementation, testing, client training, and product deployment.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Architect and propose (i.e. presentations) business and security solutions, along with implementation of services, that meets the customers' business and technical needs
- Build in-depth knowledge of clients' technical priorities, challenges and initiatives - map those needs to NCAPS core offerings and competencies
- Ensure that proposed solutions, when implemented, meet the needs and functional requirements of the customer
- Perform and/or oversee installation and implementation of assigned products including coordination of vendor participation
- Assist account managers with solution validation, proposal generation, quoting and developing account strategies
- Identify gaps, strategic impacts, financial impacts and the risk profile in the technical solution or offering.
- Facilitate communication and work effectively with the other groups within NCA to accomplish division goals/objectives.
- Responsible for staying current with regulatory and compliance requirements for GLBA, SOX, HIPAA, PCI, SB6043, CA1386, etc.
- Provide concise analysis reports and recommendations for clients in a timely manner.
- Provide recommendations for programs/projects to productize services and offerings into the NCA business model
- Translate customer needs into functional design requirements, including mockups, use cases, and briefings
- Perform security research regarding emerging threats, vulnerabilities, liabilities and other risks for clients in both standard and regulated industry environments.
- Develop programs/projects to productize services and offerings into the NCA business model, defining new operational programs and metrics as needed
- Regional travel
Technical Skills Required:
- Advanced working experience with FortiNet / Fortigate (or comparable) Firewalls
- Extensive experience with LAN/WAN Enterprise Hardware
- Advanced working experience with current network technology: MPLS, BGP, EIGRP, VDC, EvPC, vPC, Cisco FabricPath, OTV, Rapid Spanning-Tree (RSTP)/ Spanning-Tree (STP), Virtual Route Forwarders (VRF), QoS, CoS, VSS, MEC, LAG, MLAG, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of DDoS Protection systems
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP and UDP
- Advanced knowledge of IPv4 and IPv6
- Advanced knowledge of WiFi Systems and Controllers
Other Skills Required:
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Able to convey technical information to non-technical individuals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; with the ability to interface and communicate at the executive level, i.e. CIO’s, CTO’s and Chief Architects
- Excellent consulting and interpersonal skills
- Possession of excellent risk assessment, negotiation, and problem resolution skills
- Able to think critically and analytically in an enterprise architecture environment
- Able to be a self-starter that can operate in a fast-paced environment with quick turnarounds, changing requirements, and weekly deliverables
- BA/BS preferred in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Security, Technology or equivalent work experience
- 15 + years proven success providing network infrastructure support (architecture design, routers, switches, firewalls, DNS, OSPF, BGP, DHCP, IDS, Email, capacity planning, network management and escalation troubleshooting) within an enterprise environment.
- 5 + years in a consulting services role.
- 5 + years experience implementing information security solutions (firewalls, encryption, IPS, mail and web filtering, two-factor authentication).
- 5+ years experience with gathering client business, technical and functional requirements.
- 3+ years experience addressing compliance requirements including GLBA, Sarbanes-Oxley, PCI, HIPAA, FISMA, NERC/FERC, ISO 27001, CoBIT, etc.
- 2+ years analyzing and documenting business processes.
- 2+ years experience in conducting business and compliance risk assessments.
- 2+ years experience with IT project or program management, including leading cross- functional teams and activities.
- Experienced in developing security policies/standards to address contractual issues as well as, legal and regulatory requirements.
Certifications Strongly Desired:
- CISSP or CISM
- CCNA and/or CCNP
- Fortinet, Palo Alto, Checkpoint firewalls