Introduction to FortiGate Essentials
In this three-day class, you will learn how to configure the Essential FortiGate features from an NSE certified instructor that is also a deployment engineer.
Beyond just interfaces and security policies, we will explore Single Sign On with user identification, SSL Inspection, High Availability and Client VPN options.
During labs, you will set up and test firewall policies, basic VPNs, antivirus, web filtering, application control, user authentication, and more. These administrative fundamentals will provide you with a solid understanding of how to integrate basic network security into your FortiGate appliance.
- IP Configuration
- User Management
- Security Profiles
- SSL Inspection
- Logging and Monitoring
- Client VPN
- Site to Site VPN
- High Availability
After completion of course, you will be able to:
- Describe capabilities of FortiGate UTM
- Neutralize threats and misuse: viruses, torrents, and inappropriate web sites
- Authenticate users via firewall policies
- Apply port forwarding, source NAT, and destination NAT
- Offer an SSL VPN for secure access to your private network
- Establish an IPsec VPN tunnel between two FortiGate appliances
- Compare policy-based to tunnel-based IPsec VPN
- Interpret log entries
- Generate reports
- Use the GUI and CLI for administration
- Deploy the right operation mode
- Evolve beyond port numbers with application control
Who Should Attend
Networking and security professionals wanting to learn how to manage a FortiGate firewall. This class will help prepare students for the Fortinet NSE4 certification exam. NSE4 certification also grants individuals an Express Routing Code (ERC) that would allow that person to bypass level 1 TAC.
TCP/IP network fundamentals and a basic understanding of firewall concepts.